701 CCA Internship now available!
701 Center for Contemporary Art is looking for interns for this summer! Anyone interested, please contact Hannah Shepard at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 319-9949.
Read below for more info and to download the internship form.
Download the Internship Form here:
701 CCA Internship Description
701 CCA Interns will gain vital and professional experience in art nonprofit management and planning through hands-on, project-oriented tasks. Internships include various areas of focus, so that participants can gain meaningful skills and knowledge of their interests. These areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
- Gallery Management: artwork handling and installation, exhibition design and lighting, communicating with artists and managing gallery documents
- Receptions/Special Events: event planning, including layout and décor, set-up, break-down and overseeing the event’s overall success
- Marketing/Social Media/Web Development: creating and distributing marketing materials, writing press releases, promoting through social media platforms, designing newsletters for 701 CCA subscribers, working with local media and updating the website
- Artists-in-Residence: being a resource of support and assistance for the current AIR
- Programming/Education/Workshops: researching and organizing educational programming for members and the community, including assisting instructors during Youth Summer Camp and planning the annual Young Artist’s Festival during the summer session or the Columbia Open Studios event in the Spring
- Resource Development: budgeting, grant writing, networking and fundraising, including finding new sponsors and communicating with current supporters
- Administration: facilitating the success of 701 CCA’s wide range of programming, including ensuring the gallery is covered by scheduling volunteers, along with creating reports for and attending board meetings